1970 Datsun 510

Speed Freak

Ive always been a fan of 510's, so when i saw this one around the corner from a friends house i had to go look at it, turns out the guy liked me and would be willing to sell it, i was deploying so i couldnt buy it at the time, but im making plans to buy it when i get back.

The VIN plate says its a 1970 made in January, it has an engine block resting on the motor mounts and pieces of exhaust, pictures say it all, i will try to post some, it has a transmission as well, but condition is unknown, it was deffinitley a race car as it has no interior, and as i recall had a roll cage in it.

Basically i came here for advice, what would something like this be worth? Whats a reasonable price? My plans for it would deffinitley be an SR20DET swap, hopefully with tranmission and all, it would be a toy for my girlfriend and i to race at the tracks.

What all would i need to make an SR20 swap work? Would the stock rear end hold up? Where do i go for aftermarket engine, suspension, drivetrain needs?

Unfortunatley ive always had domestics and very few imports, but i want to learn, so gimme all the info you can.

Thanks much!

017-2.jpg

018-2.jpg

019-2.jpg

020-2.jpg

021-2.jpg

022-2.jpg

024-2.jpg

026-2.jpg

027-2.jpg

028-2.jpg

• Replies 1