1971 521

allen dodson

Hi. I have a all stock edelry owned 521 that iam the second owner of. It has the L16. I just put a 32/36 weber carb, mallory electronic distributor, header and all new 2 1/2 inch exhaust with a 17 inch glass pack muffler on along with a dogleg 5 speed. I cannot beleive how much more power this thing has. The header, ignition and exhaust made a night and day performace diffrence and i highly recomend this to everyone, plus my mpg has gone up considerbley also thats thanks to the dogleg 5 speed as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have a 521 i just bought, the guy i bought it from also gave me a dogleg and an l20 block that needs a little work, he says that the dogleg will only fit on the l20, but i keep hearing people say it should mount any L series. I'm not sure if he said there was something different with the fly wheel or what, and since you have completed the swap i was wondering if you could let me know. Other then that, I heard the only modification is the transmission mount or crossmember, if you could let me know about that also, that'd be great. Thanks, Lerin

If it is has an L bolt pattern like from a '77-'79 200sx, it will fit ANY L series engine including the 240/260 and 280z/zx cars.

All L series flywheels are the same dimensions but can have varying diameter pressure plates. L16 and L18 are five bolt mount to crank and will not fit the L20Bs six bolt crank. The L20B six bolt flywheels usually had 200mm or 225mm clutch and pressure plates so they should clear the dogleg bell alright.

• 2 weeks later...