'69 513 Build

First, a bit about myself:

I've been enamored with Datsuns since I was a little kid. My dad had a 240z, but sold it before my little brother was born, then a 720 King Cab, and then stuck to working on classic American cars ever since. 

I had always planned to build a car of my own, but the last relatively fun car that I owned was an '88 rx7, which I sold to my brother after I got home from basic so that I could buy a boring, safe car for my girlfriend (Now wife), who was pregnant at the time. After 5 years, some time overseas, and 2 kids, we were done with Marine Corps life and came back to Vacaville, CA, where we got a house and got back into the rhythm of real life.

My kids both dig fast cars and turning wrenches, and my love for the wankel engine has blended with my love for the 510, so I figured now would be a good time to build my Frankencar. My wife scored some major cool points by giving her blessing to sell our Pathfinder and go buy a project car.

I was lucky enough to stumble upon an ad posted by a guy who goes by "the510keeper" on here, who has been a great source of support and knowledge, since this is my first Datsun and classic car. Now that my project is well underway, I can finally be a contributing member of this community. 

I'm going to do a search and learn how to post pictures, so stand by for those.

Anyhow, I look forward to talking to everyone as this project moves forward.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic