J13 alternative

Smardo

I have a j13 looking to improve but not reinvent.

i see there are j15 available rebuilt, which are industrial.  They have an attachment at front where crank pulley goes, I guess to drive hydrolics.

can I get one of these and will it readily fit in my 65 520?

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your note.

I get what you are saying.  I bought two L engines with that in mind, but at this stage in life I have decided to do an easy escape.  I know that sounds silly , but there you are.

The upgrade is more than I want to handle.

Thanks again.

D

If you find a J15 make sure is has the same motor mounts that you have now, another guy on here bought a J15 with front motor mounts for his forklift but he needs the motor mounts in the middle and his block is not made to have middle motor mounts, there are no holes in the block for the mount hardware.

You might find more HP with a Weber carb, I bought an NL320 from Mike Klotz on here and he put a Weber clone on the E1 engine(1200cc) before delivering the truck to me, he mentioned he should have done that upgrade a long time ago, He said it had more power.

I thought that the j15 was a bored out j13, and as such should have the motor mounts in front, which is what I need.  That's why I put the question out there, to make sure it would fit.  My plan was to do the weber with manifold.

I actually traded for a weber which I now have, but when I looked At the boss to see what version it was I found that it was blank.  Do you think this could be a boot leg version weber?

Thanks for your help.  Hope you have fun with that 320!

D

That is what I said when I said he put a Weber clone on it, it drives/runs fine with the boot leg version of the Weber, don't throw it away just because it is a clone, see if it works before trashing it, it may be a good carb, but if it doesn't work properly I would not spend a lot of money trying to fix it.