Exhaust

Spchlss

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

California. Probably will have to pass emissions inspection so the Cat has to stay. Go up to 1/4" larger pipe back to the muffler. If there's a resonator... keep it. Or replace with one of those 'bullet' straight through glass packs. For a muffler, try any 'turbo style' which is packed with sound absorbing material, avoiding anything you can look directly through (fart can popular with the under 20 crowd) and use a tail pipe. I don't know your age which really determines your ability to withstand noise. Maybe try without the tail pipe first and add it if too annoying. 

On my car, I just kept the resonator up front and the stock pipe but put a larger inlet/outlet cheap ass muffler with a 45 degree down turn and no tail pipe. Best of all it's quiet, with a slight rumble which is loudest at idle. The sound is trapped under the car and to some extent reflects off the pavement. With a tail pipe it would be really quiet. If I ever have to change the front pipe I would go to a larger diameter.... but that's just me.

It's hard to recommend something that is so personal as sound. You almost have to try something on and alter it till it fits

• Like 1