Inner door handles/armrest for 510s

I hope I put this in the right section...

Ok so even though I no longer own a 510 (I will soon hopefully), I still have a lot of the old knowledge rattling around in my brain, some of you may already know this little tidbit and thats cool, but heres goes.

When I had my 510s they usually did not come with the inner door pulls/door handles/armrests... so I'd grab the top of the door and swing it real hard while trying to get my fingers back out before they got crunched... my first 510 was missing them, my second one had them but they were warped and falling apart... the 2nd 510 wasn't a daily driver it was a project, the daily ride was a 1988 mazda 323, well looking at the armrests, they looked like the just might fit the 510... so I gave her a go, and sure enough the holes lined up perfectly so I went to the wrecking yard to find some more... they only come in like blue, tan, and grey... so you'll have to use some vinyl paint to match them to your interior. The best part is that they are much sturdier than the originals, newer, easier to find, and required NO mods (at least in my 71 Dime). The model of car I am familiar with is the 86-89 Mazda 323, there may be other mazdas that will work but this is what I am familiar with... and I know not all 510s had the same type of door pulls, but if my memory serves correctly they all (or most) have the holes for them.

these are the body styles you are looking for;

695534_11_full.jpg

2541352_2_full.jpg

720447_8_full.jpg

BTW I borrowed these pics from cardom***

hope someone finds this useful.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's very interesting, good find :thumbup:

most people will use the ones out of the 620s which look exactly the same but are thinner and don't have the strip of plastic on it.

fortunately for me, i just got around 4 or 5 pairs of stock arm rests in good condition when i bought a bunch of other stuff for CHEAP.