diff troubles

Datsunny

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the third member or 'bum' without the housing and axles??

Any 521, 620 and 720 2wd. (720 4wd to '82-'83) However there are a wide variety of ratios through these years and a 3.364 is too much of a jump for your L16 or J13. You would want something close to the original.

What's the problem with it.??

well there isnt anything wrong with the stock one i just want to change the gearing so i can go on the freeway i had a guy who offered me 260 parts so i just wanted to check with some guys on the fourm, what do you think would be the best option

If you don`t already have one,Put a 5 speed transmission in it.That will help on the highway.Or You could try some 15inch tires on the back.It would be a little harder starting off,but a little faster once you get going(would throw speedo off a bit)

all i want is to roadtrip in my 521

A '70 521 should have 4.375 rear axle with an L16, so it should be able to go lower but take-offs will be slightly sluggish, even more so with a heavy load.

The '79 620 with maual tranny had a 4.111 rear end which would work nicely and is not too abrupt a change.

The '80-'83.5 2wd 720 Long Bed manual tranny had 4.111 also.

The '80-'83.5 2wd 720 King Cab manual tranny had 3.889

Here, read this post on reading the engine tag info to find out what gear ratio is in the 720 truck:

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=7521