Water temp gauge install

Hey guys so I'm thinking about installing a water temp gauge since the one on my cluster doesn't work. Was just wondering can I remove the coolant temp sensor and insert the temp gauge end with the threaded adapter in there and have it work like that? '79 620 l20b

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup if the adapter threads match. You do run the risk of snapping it off, they are really in there. Why not fix the problem...

Take the Yellow/white stripe sender wire off and touch it to ground with the key on. The gauge should read full hot. If it does then the sender is bad or wasn't making good connection.

IF both temp the gas gauge are not working it's just the common voltage regulator for both gauges not working. A little sand paper of the points should fix this.

If neither of the above get another 620 temp gauge... gotta be cheaper.... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/7-electrical/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc

• Like 1

Yup if the adapter threads match. You do run the risk of snapping it off, they are really in there. Why not fix the problem...

Take the Yellow/white stripe sender wire off and touch it to ground with the key on. The gauge should read full hot. If it does then the sender is bad or wasn't making good connection.

IF both temp the gas gauge are not working it's just the common voltage regulator for both gauges not working. A little sand paper of the points should fix this.

If neither of the above get another 620 temp gauge... gotta be cheaper.... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/7-electrical/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc

All gauges work except the temp one. I might just run the gauge through there if the test above doesn't work thanks tho