Dash cover for 620

Bought this on Ebay for around $80 + shipping, only asking $50 (+ shipping).

Decided to go the epoxy and SEM route for my existing dash.

But before I changed my mind, I started going after this one with my dremel in the corner by the glove box so the door would open and shut smoothly (second pic). Can be sanded out cleaner with finer paper, but just left it as is, that area won't show anyway with the glove door closed.

Oh yeah, as yello620 reminded me below... location is Oceanside (CA not Jersey -or wherever that east coast poser city is!).

dash_cover1.jpg

dash_cover2.jpg

Edited by BenJammin
add location info
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
i'm curious how well these fit over the existing foam. did you by chance test fit it, and if so take any pics? i know these don't cover the entire dash, just the upper section. i've always wondered how thwe seem would look too.

I don't have pictures of the test fit.

There are two styles, one is for the very top and just an inch or two down the front, the other (this one) is advertised as a 'full cap', though it still doesn't cover completely.

As dwnshfter pointed out ("fits like ass" -Thanks for the glowing support, btw :rolleyes: )... they aren't perfect and one shouldn't go down this road if perfection is what they seek. Also, I have no idea of the quality of the one I have compared to the one he is referring to in another restore thread.

Besides the aforementioned tightness around the glove box door, it did leave a bit exposed at the bottom of the dash (the cap stops before the horizontal indent above the light switch) , and about ~1/8" exposed at the top where the foam ends at the metal part of the dash, and not much coverage at all on the sides by the doors. also, there will be a color variation between the old faded parts and the new black of the cap (in my original plan, I was going to hit the exposed parts with some flat or satin black before I glued the cap on).

Overall, it's what it's designed to be, an improvement over the cracks,but by no means a perfect solution and someone can always tell you put the cap on there. Just think of it as a toupee for your dash.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.