Interior parts: Automatic Transmission Indicator assy.

Jrüdorf

Just bought a tired 720 for 1,000 less than what the craigslist ad wanted.

333,000 Miles and still ticking, original engine 2.4 ltr, with 3 speed auto trans.

The interior has been eaten by a dog, there is a rouge spring that attacked my jeans the other day,

And the carpet is a white shag...I've been trying to tidy up the mess of spaghetti electrical the previous owners left for me, but my biggest peeve is the Indicator assembly for the Transmission is smashed, so I have to guess if I'm in drive or 2 or n. So on and so forth.

Alrighty, anyone know where one is? I'm in Alaska so "pick and pull" and "salvage yard" are out of the question, I done already looked. (I made up an indicator out of a piece of tape with sharpie...this will only do for so long)

-Jrüdorf

• Like 1
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jurdorf and welcome to Ratsun. The indicator shouldn't matter much as the interlock in the shifter stops you at the Drive position and you have to press the thumb button in to get it into 2 or 1. But I do hear you. I would suggest a want ad in our classifieds here..... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-body-and-interior/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc  . The link to the classifieds is on every page below the RATSUN.NET logo. We have a few members in Alaska and probably others willing to ship?

The Z20 720 makes it an '84-'86 Mileage option truck. These were primarily intended as fleet trucks that gave fair mileage. However they did not have automatics only 5 speeds. So someone has swapped some stuff on it. Take a look at your engine tag under the pass side hood hinge on the inner fender. Second row up from the bottom on the left lists the engine size and below it the transmission.

Z24

3N71B if this, then the engine was swapped

or

Z20(S)

FS5W71B if this, then the automatic was swapped on.

• Like 1