Datto 1200 Door Needed

How about a 2-fer-1 swap?

Your '71-'72 driver's side 1200 coupe door for my (2) '73 1200 coupe doors?

But wait, there's more!

You can keep the glass, regulator, vent glass & lock; all I want is the door shell with the door latch opener thingie.

Why such a wack deal?

Glad you asked - My '73 coupe road racer now undergoing restoration could really use a '71-'72 driver's door. You see, the USDM 1200 '73 doors came with a federally-mandated "side impact barrier" beam built into them, adding ~15lbs per door.

Weight = Bad Thing for racers, therefore I'm looking for the earlier door. (already have the earlier passenger side door, thanks)

Look inside that 1200 driver's door you have sitting behind the barn - if there is no rectangular beam approx. 7" wide running diagonally front to rear inside the door, it is an earlier model.

I want it.

And if you act NOW, I'll even throw in the passenger side door glass, regulator & vent glass from the door I'm gutting.

PLUS, for no extra charge, you get authentic, official size & weight racing numbers on the doors I'm trading! Imagine, your 1200 could look just like a real race car! :D

But wait, there's even MORE!

If you call or e-mail now, I'll throw in a complete set of 1200 coupe interior trim panels! That's right, a complete set of front and rear door and rear seat trim panels!

What would you pay for these trim panels in the store IF you could find them? $200, $300, even $400?

They're FREE if you cough up a door for me! (they're also not concours quality, but they're not dog grunt either...)

Not only does your unmolested, rust-free '71-'72 driver's side 1200 door get all these cool bits, but you also have the satisfaction of knowing you've helped out a fellow 1200 nut; plus, if you use these '73 doors on your Datto, and you get hit in the side by a Ford F250, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you won't get totally crushed in the collision, only partly crushed.

Now if that doesn't give you a warm fuzzy feeling, I don't know what will...

Call or e-mail now - operators are standing by. Six-one-nine, nine-eight-zero, zero, zero, four, four or stan at fmepinc dot net or PM me here.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would probably be interested in a trade, mainly because my passenger side door is a little smashed and i need glass for it. do you know about what shipping would be on something like this because im all the way up in WA. you probably werent wanting to ship something like that but its a possibility out there.

Thanks for the info guys - keep your peepers peeled for me!

Shipping/crating to WA would be ~$150-200 per door, probably not economically viable unless one had a friend driving down to SoCal & back and he had room in his vehicle...

BTW, that phantom JDM GX 1200 sedan at JCCS totally knocked my socks off - what a beaut! Got me all inspired, it did!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.