Z22 in a 72' 510 wagon-will this work?

datsunrides

Need some advise from the braintrust. Going to be putting a 82' Z22/automatic combo in this wagon. Trying to drop it in resulted in the oil pan hitting the crossmember. Tried the 720 oil pan and that hit the steering. So, how about this mismash of parts? Will it work?

L16 oil pan and pickup

L16 engine mounts

L series bellhousing for the Z trans (I assume any 3N71B bell will interchange?)

I realize this will tilt the engine opposite the Z series, but that should not be an issue. Or is there a oil pan that will work that I missed? I really don't want to flip the crossmember. If I was, I'd have probably gone KA/SR. Should have done some more research before, but most of what I found told me it was a straightfoward swap. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Mark

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, you will need the L16 oil pan and pickup to fit the engine around the crossmember and bits. I'm not sure about the engine mounts, you might try the Z ones and see if it fits and everything clears. If you use the L16 engine mounts the engine will sit more or less upright so the tranny gets cocked over a bit.