1971 510 Wagon Stock Fuel tank setup Help!

i have a 1971 510 wagon. im trying to put the fuel tank in but i figure out all the line it have goin to it. On the top of gas tank i have 2 Small Connecting Points n 2 Midd size n the 1 Large Size. I know the Large is the main one. but dont know which Small is the right one to go to? the 2 mid ones go to the vent housing in the Quarter panel.

there is 1 Small House the goes to the Housing n down to the Tank which im not sure what its For? Any Helpp would Be Awesome. thanks.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The largest 3"? hose is the tank fill. Just behind the gas cap inside the car is a vent hose that goes to the front top of the vapor separator tank

The vapor separator tank has a line exiting the tank at the front bottom that goes to the main gas tank front top right corner.

Nearby are two lines coming out front top center of tank and pointing slightly forward. These are the fuel line to the pump and the fuel return line. Not sure which is witch but the larger one should be the return.

There are two slightly larger lines and hoses on the top center and top rear right side. Both go to the two bottom matching fittings on the vapor separator tank.

There are two vent lines exiting the top of the vapor separator tank. One vertically at the top rear and one farther to the top front coming up at an angle and joining the vertical pipe. This single line goes forward to your flow guide valve on the left inner fender and with engine off vents fumes into the engine crankcase for storage. When the engine starts these fumes are drawn out by the PCV valve.

• Like 1