Newbie from SoCal

redcobragt

Hey everybody, just picked me up a 1985 720 4x4 king cab with 109k miles, i was searching for another ranger when i saw this C.L deal and had to check it out, well I'm glad i did even though it was at nite time, the guy had all his construction tools in the cab and bags of aluminum cans in the back, when we drove it for a couple of miles it started squealing like a pig. So I'm thinking i can get a good deal on this truck, the guy wasn't even budging from his 2900. He had other guys calling him while i was driving it , being  the add said it was all original so, even thou i had a 620 as a teenager and never seeing a 4x4 for that model i thought this would be the next best thing. The next day i picked up a couple of belts from AutoZone for 23.00 for all 3 belts. then i started checking it out in the light, only found 3 places of rust on the inside firewall and with a vacuum cleaner and some transmission fluid for the sun bleached paint i can honestly say I'm very happy with this deal. Looking for some good ideas here from all you 720:s on your mods for more power whether its a carb or gearing, It already has a thorley header which is Ca smog compliant but not worried about removing all that smog, cataliatic crap being that i have it registered in a no smog residence by the desert, Any ideas?.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic