Heater Box ducting FOR CHEAP

No pic but its simple. Go to your local hardware store and pick up some

1 1/2" ID pool hose. The stuff thats black with blue rings. It slides right on at least on a 521. You will need about 4 feet of it and its 2.49 a foot where I got it. No hose clamps needed it fits just snug. Hope this helps some.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i usually refer to the heater rubber air inlet boot that is impossible to find as the duct and the 2 cardboard hoses on the side as the defrost hoses. i know realize you mean the 2 cardboard hoses. how much is that? the original cardboard hoses can be had from nissan.cc for $5 a piece. we wont mention how spendy they are on evilbay.

i've also seen people use the aluminum stuff. i have a pair of the original brown cardboard ones that nobody wants. they're missing the rubber boots on the end.

any which way you go i think you need the little rubber adapter boot at the end. maybe not?

Are we talking about the boot between the defrost ducting and the plastic vent? I didn't have one on mine... the two bits were just attached by electrical tape. I don't know the size needed, but if you need rubber bits you might be able to track them down at Home Depot or a reliable hose/line shop. There's a good one up here called Greenline Hose And Fitting... the company I work for buys all their hydraulic lines there. Their prices are a little higher than going to a hardware store, but they've got just about everything I could need. If all else fails, go to a shop like that and buy a length of rubber hose/tubing and cut it into bits, apply hose clamps, and voila, instant rubber boots.

Edit: Damn, just realized what you meant by the boot... yeah, that'll be hard to replicate. Has anyone considered making a replacement out of sheetmetal or something? You might be able to do that and just use silicon to seal the edges.

Edited by pope_face

OK guys. Let me make it simple here. You have the stock metal 521 heater box that the heat blows out of. There are two metal "ports" that the factory defrost hoses attach to. They are 1 1/2" OD. The pool hose is 1 1/2" ID. Its as simple as sliding them over the metal "ports". No clamps needed or rubber anythings. and each side is about 5 bucks to do, and will last a long time. My camera is at my wifes work, so I for the life of me cant take photos. I will try to get some up later.