Roof Rack. Rat Stile

521Lvr

I didn't read your post before I posted. I'm glad to see your making them. Shippings not bad. Fellas let me tell ya, if he's making these out of 1/2 then they're gonna be strong. And you can't beat the price. Easy as hell to mount. Be sure to cut some gas line or something to slide on the ends where they sit on the cab. 521Lvr, do you own a 620? or 510? You could make a some money but you would have to quit your job and move to Cal. to keep up with the demand. Ha Ha

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Nice work, man! My hat's off to anybody that has the skills to build something like this. IMO, it is just as kool looking as the ones all the VeeDub guys are running, plus the cost of building it is pretty reasonable if you've got the skills to do it yourself. Good luck with making them to hook up other members! Hopefully you can make some extra moolah to buy Halloween candy or some early Christmas presents! E

Thanks Rubberman.. I thought he was using 3/8. And it is probably strong enough.?

Already sold my 620 to "Hitch". But I might be able to find someone around here? I've seen a few. Next time I see 1 I'll run him down.

I am deffinately making 1 for my bus. Full length!:eek: I want wood slats on it tho. And then a top railing. I pretty much have it figured out what I'm gonna build.

I thought about the rubber hose ends to keep from scratching piant. Not a prob on my 521 but, I think multiple layers of "tool dip" would be a nice touch. Comes in colors too.:cool: Could also dip the brackets. That way if you painted it to match your truck the ends could match too.

OK.. So I have had 10+ pm's about making these racks.

I decided that if I get at least 5 people that want 1 and make a deposite I will do it.

Price for the rack is $150. Shipping will be 40-50. So expect to pay $200 to the door.

I will test fit them on my 521 first. And they will be bare steel. That means you will have to paint it or let it Patina. Your choice.

Reply to this thread if you want 1. When I get 5 Real takers I will take deposites and start production.

peace

tc

i will take one rat tail dragger 620