My 1977 B210 Honey Bee

Hey all,

Picked this up from a friend a mine a couple of weeks ago and am slowly restoring it as best as I can and learning as I go.

I'm either the 3rd or 4th owner. My friend that I purchased it from is a mechanic at the dealership I work for and before it sat, it was his daily driver....that was 5 years ago though.

Here is a picture of it before I started doing too much to it...

20150807_121019.jpg

I've already pulled out the carpet, engine is currently out as well as the transmission too.

I'm thinking of keeping the 4 speed in it but will more than likely swap to a 5 speed when I come across one.

Going to have to replace 3 of the floor boards as they are pretty well rusted as well as the battery tray and as the panel in front of the passenger real wheel. Oh...and the trunk is pretty rusty but I think most of that is just surface rust...hoping I don't have to replace that as well.

I'm not a huge fan of the yellow paint and was thinking of going with a black paint and yellow decals for the honey bee....input?

My friend gave me a pair of seats from his Z car that he no longer is using that I will have to make brackets for or something to make them fit.

Dash is severely cracked and will need to be replaced.

It's going to be a slow restore for me as I am heading back to school in about a month so I won't have as much time to focus of this as I would like.

I'm sure I will be asking lots of questions as I have never restored a car before and don't know a whole lot about them (but am doing what I can to learn).

-Syn

• Like 2
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, been a couple of days since posting and thought I would check in with some updates and pictures since I finally finished painting my house.

Been dismantling the engine little by little each day after work.

Removing the valve springs

20150822_184401_zpszjxordru.jpg

Here are the valves

20150822_184851_zpsnzztd8vf.jpg

20150822_184853_zps4uwphjhv.jpg

20150822_201733_zpsyojiam6i.jpg

Managed to break 3 bolts in the process of getting this far as well as a drill bit trying to get a broken screw out. Only cut my hands about 38.4 times. Good thing I'm up on my tetanus shots  :thumbup:

Pretty slow process as I'm making sure to label everything and clean as I go. I'm enjoying learning what different parts do as I have only learned about them through diagrams.

Hoping to have the rest of the engine apart and cleaned by the end of the weekend if I have time.

Also found someone to teach me how to weld and help me with the floorboards and one of the panels. He will even let me use all his gear too  :thumbup:

• 9 months later...

Hey guys, It has been a while since I've posted on here... Have the engine rebuilt and putting everything back together...Anyways, I forgot where the neg battery cable from the battery connects to...Any help is appreciated! Currently the only thing stopping me from starting her up.

Syn