Hello from Ireland - Introduction

Automatic trans are great for longevity and easy driving, especially in traffic like a daily commute. Manuals are for FUN!!!!!

If you're thinking of manual, then better if you can get a car already with one otherwise you're going to have to source and install clutch pedal, etc.

Of course, it all depends on what you can find. We have plenty of choices in the US of A. Dunno if you can be that picky on the Emerald Isle.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Automatics.

Also: If you look at prices- you usually get to pay more for an automatic transmission.

And also, if you pay attention to the word itself, it's standard. STANDARD = Base, plain (nothing special)...

Yet, yes, as mentioned above, still FUN. But, in reality even automatics are really fun!!! Look at mopeds, scooters, and go-carts, for example- although on a smaller scale- they're still fun! ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks. I am still here, just been busy recently.

Thanks again for all the advice and welcome.

As some of you have mentioned I don't have a big choice around here.

The one Z I was after turned out to be piece of junk and completely different than what the pictures were showing.

Another one showed up, also automatic but with the red interior and unfortunately above my budget, so I will keep searching ;)

You won't get rid of me easily...

Re: Automatic - Body condition is my priority if i will find an automatic with a great body condition I will go for it and will think about swap after. If I get lucky and find one with manual, well that would be awesome.

• Like 1