Product Review

pl521sss

Product Review

Husky High Frequency Fully Automatic Battery Charger

Model HSK1084HD

High frequency fully automatic battery charger features 3 different charge settings for all different situations. This item can charge any 2/6/10 AMP battery. Digital diagnostics help to monitor the batteries condition during the charging process. Additional features include alternator and voltage check for a complete system check. Safety features include reverse polarity and short circuit protection to prevent sparking and incorrect charging techniques.

• 2/6/10 AMP high frequency automatic battery charger.
  • Digital diagnostics to monitor battery conditions.
  • Alternator and voltage check for complete system check.
  • Reverse polarity and short circuit protection.
  • Micro processor controlled.
  • 2 to 3 times faster than traditional chargers.

For $39, it's very compact and loaded with features.

Works well with conventional batteries.

I have to say that it's better than the Battery tender brand.

Spotted while shopping in Home depot.

It works very well with 3 other conventional batteries I have and it's fully automatic.

Draw backs

Loud fan for cooling

It does not charge deep cycle batteries (Optima), gives fault code of open cell.

Will be calling their customer support if they have tested it on these kind of batteries.

Have not tested the alternator test yet but.....

I know there's folks out there like me with multiple vehicles that are not driven daily and requires battery check up time to time.

This will give you ease of charging and testing batteries.

parts225.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Product Review Husky High Frequency Fully Automatic Battery Charger

Model HSK1084HD

High frequency fully automatic battery charger features 3 different charge settings for all different situations. This item can charge any 2/6/10 AMP battery.

I question the "High Frequency" part of the name. I work with DC power systems. Have for nearly twenty years. DC has no frequency. The AC ripple inherent to battery chargers can reduce battery life if not filtered - which it is often not filtered out. Especially in consumer products.

Also, the Optima red top battery is a spiral gel cell battery, not a deep cycle. You wouldn't want to run a deep cycle battery on a car. They don't have the CCA's your starter needs. The charger may not like the spiral cell's "odd" internal resistance when compared to a wet lead acid battery.

I really like the idea of product reviews like this. Thanks for the info!! It will be interesting to see what the manufacturer says about your Optima.

I question the "High Frequency" part of the name. I work with DC power systems. Have for nearly twenty years. DC has no frequency. The AC ripple inherent to battery chargers can reduce battery life if not filtered - which it is often not filtered out. Especially in consumer products.

Also, the Optima red top battery is a spiral gel cell battery, not a deep cycle. You wouldn't want to run a deep cycle battery on a car. They don't have the CCA's your starter needs. The charger may not like the spiral cell's "odd" internal resistance when compared to a wet lead acid battery.

I really like the idea of product reviews like this. Thanks for the info!! It will be interesting to see what the manufacturer says about your Optima.

Correction on my post

Optima is a Gel type battery and it's having trouble charging it and I know it's a good battery. Will be asking the question with Husky customer support for deep cycle batteries as well.

I'm not electron expert but with this charger, it shows linear kind of charging instead of the pulsating DC output current.

It has computer chip (smart charger) that will control all of that.

I wasn't attacking what you were saying, I was only raising question to their choice in words.

Not even

Don't sweat it bro.

I'm not expert so everyone's opinion is welcomed.

It's all about marketing for them.

It got my attention

Product reviews should be listed here for folks that has insights and experience that is helpful to others.