Newly rebuilt Mikunis on freshly built LZ 2.1 longrod

laotsu

so I am trying to tune and sync my  dual Mikuni PHH 44s that I had Wolf Creek Racing rebuild. They are on a Cannon intake. I have been trying to use an Edelbrock Uni-Syn to sync the carbs but I can't get the little bead to rise on any of the horns. I was able to get the motor to idle but it seems like all the gas is going to the front carb. I say this because if I screw in the pilot screws all the way on the rear carb nothing happens to the idle, also when I stall the engine by covering the first horn it is wet with gas afterwards but when I do the same thing on the back carb it remains dry. Is it possible that the front carb is taking all the gas and there's none in the line for the second?

on a related note I have driven it but it has NO power and I can barely get over 15 mph in first.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One carb could never use all the fuel available from the fuel pump and leave the other dry. Even more impossible at idle. Float stuck closed or a blockage in the line perhaps. Is there a way to open the other carb and see if there is gas in it?.