My new datsun 620 build and new to forums

Camdat620

I got a 1977 datsun 620 long bed that I bought for 400$ it has 80k miles and runs great, it's the l20b with 5speed tranny, but has bad clutch and brakes, all I've don't to it is lowered it, gave it a car wash, and fuel pump, fuel filter and lines, oil change, cleaned the gas tank because it has been sitting for 15 years, and I reajusted the valves because it had bad valve lash, and I got new dash, steering wheel and I'm insulating and carpeting the cab right now. I have some questions about what wheels to put on and seat recommendations and stuff. And I always love to hear what people did to there truck so I can have some advice with mine and I'm 16 btw

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh to be 16 again! I've been sixteen four times! I remember fixing up my '64 Dodge. Looked cool but didn't run as well. It looked great sitting in the driveway. Looking back I would rather have been driving a working car that one that looked great sitting. I'm impressed with you cleaning the gas tank and setting the valve lash... way to go, getting hands on experience! Before we get to tires get your clutch changed and the brakes replaced. It's straight wrench turning and money spending but when it's done and working there's no feeling like it.

Seats: the '76 and up King Cabs had bucket seats that could match your interior. Many newer one can be made to fit. At the top of the page under the green 510 is our search function. Type in 620 bucket seats and start reading what others have done. Try just bucket seats and check them out. Gray works with light color interiors and black with dark.

Tires: (and rims) these are usually a matter of taste and owner preference. Likely as not a lack of taste, as who hasn't seen a $900 rice rocket with over $1,200 worth of bling rims and tires on it? I'm conservative on this and think the stock rims and dog dish hub caps look best with slightly wider tires. Just remember that the 620 is Nissans most beautiful truck and should be the first thing people see when you drive up. The rims should never take away from that and what ever you choose will work.

Now post some pictures of everything.... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/691-how-to-post-pictures-and-keep-online-photo-albums/