2.7L 3RZ engine will fit Datsun 510

Bad2thebone

Hello everyone, I have a 69 datsun 510 and I'm doing some research for some most engine swaps for the 510's. Few are doing KA's and Sr's swaps and others v8's. Well I'm not looking for crazy horsepower. I'm happy for 250-300 hp and not hard to find parts here in the estates. I wonder if anybody here done a 2rz or 3rz 2.7L. Tacoma engine. What do you guys think about those engines will that fit for the 69 datsun 510 engine compartment 4dr. I'm also looking to turbocharge the 3RZ engine. I saw few 2rz/3rz engines making great power at the tracks. What do you guys think?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm not looking for crazy horsepower. I'm happy for 250-300 hp and not hard to find parts here in the estates. I wonder if anybody here done a 2rz or 3rz 2.7L. Tacoma engine. What do you guys think about those engines will that fit for the 69 datsun 510 engine compartment 4dr. I'm also looking to turbocharge the 3RZ engine. I saw few 2rz/3rz engines making great power at the tracks. What do you guys think?

Over 200hp is definitely in the crazy zone. That's almost three times stock. 

The 3rz makes only 150hp so what's the big deal? So does the KA24E and DE on 300cc less. Fly at 'er if you want, but the KA is a well documented swap and all the problems have been worked out for you including the turbo. You will need lots of money and will have to make numerous one off parts for this your self, do all the work yourself or even more money required. Have you ever swapped an engine in a dime before? Good intentions is not enough. Do you have a welder?, tools, a secure place to work on this? Time? A girl friend??? A job???

Hell you can put a small radial engine in it if you want, I just don't want to see an unfinished and ruined 510 scrapped. Ruined also means a 510 taken past the point where another owner can't return it to original.

As Hainz would say...

"You got L16 in it?? If runs good I say good to go. Drive it and have fun with it. Easier to sell running when you nock up girlfriend."

Hello Guys, thanks for the comments I was doing some research about others thinking or doing engine swaps. So basically I'm going to stay with the stock L16 that's in my car at this moment. Previous owner told me a little info about the engine conditions and I bought it as is. It was parked for years outside on the bushes in NC. A non running car, I felt in love in a second because I wanted to save it and its fully stock. I want to put pictures from my computer about my car but I think ratsun site banned or block my ip address? I'm trying to contact someone that can help me out with this problem to unblock me. I'm using my cellphone typing this. If any moderator can help me to unblock my IP or to explain me why I can't use my PC to log in? Is it because I'm from Florida? Or maybe because I'm using Mozilla firefox and Windows xp? Or maybe the security is too sensitive for my Pc. I made another user account so I can post in here. If any moderator can help me find a way to unblock my ip please let me know. I have many pictures that I want to post from my 69 datsun 510 . Or who should I contact for this problem any email address that I can contact.