ca20 swap?

jonesy510

So I have been away from the Datsun crowd for awhile do to school and some other shenanigans, but now I'm slowly creeping my way back. Awhile back my motor let go and now I finally have a chance to replace it. When digging around at work I found a rebuilt Nissan ca20 from the factory that has never been put in a car and still on it's create. after doing a little research I found that it is basically the younger brother of the L series that came with the 510. My question is does anyone have any info on how easily it would be to swap

in the motor? being its not as common of an engine swap as the sr20 or ka I realize that information will be probably pretty limited but any information would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advanced!!  

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dang datzenmike you have been putting around this forum for years!!! but thanks for the answer. I'm not looking to make any crazy power. I just wanted something to cruise around in. I was thinking it may have been i pretty good deal being i can got the motor for only a couple hundred dollars. so the dog leg 5speed I have now I'm guessing would not work for the ca?

Unfortunately not. They were only used on L and A series engines. There will be CA18ET and CA20E 5 speeds in the S12 200sx. '84-'86.5 were FS5W71B and after were FS5W71C. Find any S12 4 cylinder and you have it. These will both be a long tail.