ka24de help?

Eddie 710

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sentra didn't have the KA engine and it was FWD also. (are you planning to convert the 710 to FWD???) The closet looking engine was the '91 and up Sentra SR20DE..... it will say what engine was in it on the aluminum tag mounted just above it on the cowl in the engine compartment. We did not get any RWD SR20 engines here.

I took this a few years ago. I think a '91 Sentra...

motorSR20DELarge.jpg

This is a FWD engine with the CAS or distributor sticking out of the rear of the head towards the driver's side. If, you could mount this engine in a RWD car, the distributor would not clear the firewall and be somewhere in the car's heater.  The FWD SR also has the engine mount locations differently placed than a RWD engine.

140967152_full.jpg?w=283&h=300

You would have to swap an import head on that has the CAS on the front driver's side. I suppose you could rig up a crank fire trigger and eliminate the rear CAS.

You would still need a RWD transmission for an SR engine and I'm not so sure the FWD block will fit a RWD SR 5 speed. Maybe someone else knows this. Remember the rear wheel drive SR engine was never imported here on any of our Nissan cars.