ka24e timing cover sealing problem

logan1600

So I've done the timing and have been having a problem getting the cover to seal up I've done it probably 7 times and still leaks coolant I got a new cover and I'm wondering if there's any ceirtan way to tighten the bolts so I don't have to do it again lol and I'm using permatext right stuff.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe its leaking from the right where the water jacket is cause you can hear it pour in to the engine when you start it up. And it has a brand new water pump the first time it happened I though it was the head gasket like a dumbass and $2000 dollars later I had a truck that ran worse than when I took it in. And because they didn't know how to do the timing at the shop so I had to get a new worm gear and oil pump shaft because they put it all on in one piece. But there is no pitting on the block or timing cover should I be titening from the inner bots out?

No gasket. Just FIPG/silicone.

I just did a HG in one of these myself. Glue to told every thing together.

On the passenger side, about halfway down on the cover there is a sealing ring/gasket made of metal.

I've seen people not use them and be leak-free.

Post pics of the cover and motor when you get it back apart.

When you say right side, do you mean when looking at motor or when sitting in car?

When looking at motor-the driver side of the motor is the left.

On the right side of the motor there is the whole coolant passage junction in front of the intake.

Is any of that causing your leak?

You really shouldn't be leaking. It's glue. How can you do that wrong?