Jump to content

WHAT is this Gasket Called?

Recommended Posts

I removed this gasket from my 1.4L 76 A 14 engine.  The Gasket homes itself in the intake Manifold next to the EGR Valve and PCV valve.







The Gasket hasn't yet been removed.  There is orange sealant on the subassembly.






There's the piece in my hand.  I've been calling  the piece the subassembly EGR/PCV valve.



The Gasket has a metal center sandwiched by gasket material on both sides.





I want to order the Gasket as a separate item without having to order the entire engine gasket kit.

Link to comment
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That red RTV sealant means a chevy owner had it off and put it back on with his favorite frosting. Nissans have a much better precision fit of parts than a GM, and sealer is not needed.


That part is the ERG control valve gasket. It goes on dry.

Link to comment

Hey Mike,  Too Funny, my friend Mike did a valve job on my B210 in the late 90's and he worked almost exclusively on chevy's.






There is where the gasket goes.  I got my engine gaskets today.  The packaging called the gasket EGR pipe gasket.  I also got an EGR valve gasket.  I couldn't find the EGR pipe gasket sold separately.




Another OIC with the obligatory FLIP FLOP shot.  :rofl:



Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.