Weather Stripping and Seals?? 77' 620 KC

ADavis_620

I don't spray directly at the "cracks" of the door or any other cracks on my truck for that matter.

seal screen??!!? haven't a clue what that could be.... are they talking about the drip edge/raingutter at the roof line? That screens the seal from water. 

Then how do you wash your datsun or just clean up afterwards? Alright thanks for the information i think i got it best as i can for now. In my book it shows a diagram of door and there is a seal screen??

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

image-24.jpg

image-25.jpg

image-26.jpg

image-27.jpg

The screen seal for the door is number 28, it goes between the door and door panel and is meant to keep water out. If you are having intrusion there it may be damaged/missing. Also, you may want to look at number 19 and 21 as they may be damaged/missing and this would cause water to get on the inside of the door and cause leakage if the screen seal is damaged or missing. I remember replacing everything about 15 years ago (it was still available) and guess what? It still let a little water in! So I believe it's just something that you have to be aware of and just stay on top of it. Hope this helps you.

Jersey

• Like 1