clutch problems

ronnny

I need help figuring this out. I was out playing in the yard and got the truck stuck. Pulled it out and the clutch would not disengage. Of course I have no help looking at anything. So I put a vise grip on the hose by the slave cylinder and the pedal was hard to lead to believe it was the slave cylinder. Got a kit a rebuilt it. Made an adjustable rod to hold the clutch pedal and managed to bleed the clutch. I now see that it is actuating like it is suppose to and the arm going into the bell housing all seems to be doing as it should. Gravity bleed and then used the bar to hold the pedal a 1/2 dozen times to bleed all the air out. Now I am right back to where I was when the truck got unstuck but I know the master and slave cylinder is ok. If I put it in 1st or reverse and low range I can start the truck up in gear and drive all over the yard no problems. The shifter does the same as it always did when the truck is not running. But when started and try to put it in gear it will not go or starts to grind.

I just need and idea on what to look at next.

thanks ronny

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the arm is moving as it should, your only next step is to drop the transmission and inspect the clutch and pressure plate.  If you were playing in the mid and dirt, and the fork boot is gone (not uncommon nowadays) you may have gotten a rock stuck in the clutch.

Or, if it was sitting for a while (I mean months) with dirt and water in the clutch, it could have rusted to the flywheel.  But that in my experience has always taken time to happen. 

It stayed in the water over night is all. The front tire found a hole crossing the creek. At 1 time both front tires were under water but the back tires did not leave dry ground. Lifted 1 back tire off the ground and so the open rear end killed me again. When I get this fixed plan on welding the rear end. May have gotten a little sand and a bit of water in it. But the fork seems to have tension and all like it should. But pulling the tranny is about all that is left unless someone thinks of something else.