l18 and l20 carb

raser05

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are made by Hitachi but every year has some small changes usually emissions related. Certainly the jets would be larger on an L20B carb. I suppose an L18 carb could be made to work on an L20B by changing jets and air bleeds but no they won't directly swap.

Welcome to Ratsun, introduce yourself and post some pictures of your Datsun to be.

L18 carb flows less air

L18 uses 23/30 venturis - 1122 sq mm

L20B uses 24/31 venturis - 1208 sq mm

The jets are sized to the venturis. Both engines want 13:1 to 14:1 air/fuel ratio with the L20B jetted leanest of all (except for 4WD models).

that helps thank you...looks like I am staying with the l20 carb loaded with vacuum

lines.. I would imagine I just plug those off..then there is the intake... on the 79 l20 intake there are a lot of extra garbage on it, can I put the l20 carb on a 74 l18 intake?

I have a weber carb if I could find and intake it would eliminate all the confusion. I'll post pics when I get her in the garage and get rid of the 79 parts truck.