Rims for nissan trucks

Hello,

This is just general info but when I was looking for 6 bolt rims for my 720 hubs, I noticed 6 bolt trailer rims are the same bolt pattern.  Anyway here is a nice example I have since decided to go another direction.

http://www.amazon.com/Ion-Alloy-Silver-Machined-6x139-7mm/dp/B004X5Y7R0/ref=sr_1_62?ie=UTF8&qid=1398223225&sr=8-62&keywords=ION+Alloy+rims+6x139.7

Best,

Charles

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A little too bling for me. You would also need to know the width and more important the off set so the tires fit under your 720 fenders but don't rub the frame on turns...

All that info is included in both the links posted.  The first wheel is a 15x6 with a -8 offset, and the second wheel is a 15x6 with a 0 offset.

The bigger issue is that trailer wheels are built to a different set of regulations than vehicle wheels.  They are intended to carry the load of a trailer and may not hold up to the daily stresses of every day driving.  Do I really think it would fail? No, but why risk it for wheels that aren't even a deal?

• Like 1

What I am building weighs around 1200 lbs, trailer wheels are rated 1900 per wheel or greater and have to meet the same DOT standards as car rims.  Also I put up a couple of different offsets to give people idea's.  Since I know it is hard to find something that fits, giving choices is all I wanted to do and trailer wheels are not under the same import cap as car rims.  Loop hole in the import duty.