New to Ratsun and very first 510 Owner

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After a very crazy month of working and getting use to having a new Born...I think I’m back to my old self. So I have been driving the Wagon around with no problems so far.

I do have a few parts that I want to start fixing and others that I need to hunt down and buy.

I’m going to start work on the front half of the interior...since it’s what I’m going to see most of time. I got a new bezel that I need to install and glove box.

Anyone knows how to repair a Dash cap? That’s the last part I need to install the front portion of the interior.

List of parts that I need to buy/ find.

• Head Liner bows
  • Head light switch
  • wiper switch
  • turn Signal switch
  • shifter for a 200sx 5 speed transmission
  • sun visors
  • Rear hatch plastic cover (It’s what covers the arms of the hatch; it also has a rear light on it.
  • hazard switch knob
  • steering column cover

post it in the eagle rock swamp meet 

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/62733-eagle-rock-swap-meet-july-13-2014/

grEEn gOOns are always welcome

happy first fathers day (almost) ill be at Canby

wont be able to check until after Canby...

Thanks! It just dawned on me! This will be my first Fathers day : )

That would be awesome!!! Yes the rear hatch plastic that covers the hatch arms is what I need.

Now that I think about it... I need the head liner bows too. Wouldn't happen to have those two?

I am working a deal for headlight/wiper switched with knobs now.

But..but I still need a turn signal switch,My switch if bent. Someone told me that turn signal switches are different I the wagons...is this true?

I would think they would be the same on all similar year 510s.

@Dlip

Good idea! Thanks. Hey you asid you're located near my area?

If so, we should meet up.

Yeah I'm in Whittier , but my car was hit :'c I was going to go to the OC meet, but Friday night I was rear ended. Hope fully i get this sorted out and we'll meet up.

• 2 weeks later...

After a very crazy month of working and getting use to having a new Born...I think I’m back to my old self. So I have been driving the Wagon around with no problems so far.

I do have a few parts that I want to start fixing and others that I need to hunt down and buy.

I’m going to start work on the front half of the interior...since it’s what I’m going to see most of time. I got a new bezel that I need to install and glove box.

Anyone knows how to repair a Dash cap? That’s the last part I need to install the front portion of the interior.

List of parts that I need to buy/ find.

• Head Liner bows
  • Head light switch
  • wiper switch
  • turn Signal switch
  • shifter for a 200sx 5 speed transmission
  • sun visors
  • Rear hatch plastic cover (It’s what covers the arms of the hatch; it also has a rear light on it.
  • hazard switch knob
  • steering column cover

So, Im still on the hunt for the parts listed. I think I'm going to just try to fix of see it someone can replicate the the wiper and headlight kobs with a 3d printer. : / I really want to put my dash in already but I dont want to install and then remove just to add knew headlight/wiper switches.

So, Im still on the hunt for the parts listed. I think I'm going to just try to fix of see it someone can replicate the the wiper and headlight kobs with a 3d printer. : / I really want to put my dash in already but I dont want to install and then remove just to add knew headlight/wiper switches.

You dont have to remove the whole dash to to install switches.

I've been meaning to ask you, where did you get your rear brake parts? Mainly the spring hardware. I'm in Seattle and can't find them anywhere.

Keep up the work, she looks good.

I ordered them with PepBoys. They did a special order and I got them in 2-3 days. Let me know if you can get them. If you can't...I can order them for you and ship them.

You dont have to remove the whole dash to to install switches.

Yeah but I'm swapping my entire dash, so I would like to do it just once. I'm working on my dash pad as I take a break to type this.

• 1 year later...

Its been some time since I've been on here, Raising a kid , New Job...it all really takes every minute of my day. update on the Wagon...

right now its just sitting in my driveway until I take it to the shop next month for a full body restoration. No bondo is the goal.

in the past year I have been collecting tons of parts that the car needs, the one thing I am missing is the chrome trim on the rear hatch, how hard are those to come by?