my "free" 1986 720

toddluck

truck was a freebee i was told the headgasket was bad but now the engine is locked ..i think from sitting with water in the cylender.....ill get her going and save her

also picks of my old 720 king cab

nizmo1.jpg

and ill post one pic of my 620 kingcab

86bustedSmall.jpg

1stpalce86Small.jpg

1stpacewithlilsisSmall.jpg

todds77.jpg

if anyone in washington had a z24 that runs good let me know..thanks todd

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know these very well yet but when did they go to a domestic bed on the datsun trucks? At least in toyotas that is what they call a fleetside like chevy has. The ones with the hooks on the outside they call import beds. My 84 has the hooks on the outside of the bed.

Three different boxes were used on the 720: 1980-1982 models can be identified by a bed with an outside facing lip, rear tail lamp assemblies mounted horizontally down near the bumper line and an exposed seam running horizontally along the sides, very bad for rusting. 1983-1984 models also have outside facing lip and exposed seam but the rear tail lamp assemblies are mounted high up on the corners with a vertical orientation. 1985-1986 models have smooth sided beds with inside facing lips and tail lamp assemblies mounted vertically high up on the corners.

The build date could be '84 but it may have been an '85 model year. If there is still an emissions sticker on the underside of the hood, it will show the model year. Freud said "sometimes a cigar, is just a cigar", well sometimes an '84 is just an '84.