620 no brake lights or rear blinkers

Ademuth

I just bought my first 620 a couple weeks ago,  when i first got it home all the blinkers and side marker lights worked but i didnt have rear running lights. I fixed the running light issue with a fuse but when that got fixed i lost my brake lights, blinkers in the rear, front right side marker and blinker dont work at all, but the front left blinker still works. Im sorry if im posting a topic that has been up before but i really need help so i can safely drive it again.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may have more than one problem

The two front and side amber marker lamps plus the two side red marker and red tail lights plus the license lights are all on the same fuse. So if you had any of these lamps working changing a fuse wouldn't get the rear lights working. Changing a fuse wouldn't cause other things to stop working unless maybe the fuse box is dirty/corroded and making poor contact with the old fuses.

Unplug the fuse box and unscrew it from the dash. Remove the fuses and soak overnight in a solution of vinegar. In the morning rinse thoroughly and dry. Replace ALL fuses with new ones and report back.

ok so i soaked the fuse box overnight, cleaned the contacts and replaced all the fuses with new ones. Nothing has changed but now i have a really clean fuse box. i was reading last night the the brakes go through the blinker switch is it possible that, that could be my problem?

I cleaned and checked all my connections and changed light bulbs and everything but the front right blinker and side marker work now.

The two front and side amber marker lamps plus the two side red marker and red tail lights plus the license lights are all on the same fuse.

If any of the side markers are working, then all should. If one is out then it's a bulb or as rick said, a ground return problem. Side and front markers can rust and fill with water and corrode so check carefully. Bulbs may not be making proper contact in their sockets.