Where to get velocity stack filters?

RTB

Besides wolf creek. I like the single ones. This is for 44mm dual mikuni carbs. Are there any recommended filters out there and who sells them? fleabays got nothing and I have never seen any ads up for them.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well stacks are used for high rpm airflow (racing) and shouldn't be restricted 

and filters are used to protect the motor from (DD road grime) 

so on most race tracks they are cleared of most debris and grime ,not really needing filters 

so yes it would be restricting, but it is also kind of pointless to have stacks on a street car

so these are probably your best bet

6373-4T.jpg

http://www.cbperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=6373 

well stacks are used for high rpm airflow (racing) and shouldn't be restricted 

and filters are used to protect the motor from (DD road grime) 

so on most race tracks they are cleared of most debris and grime ,not really needing filters 

so yes it would be restricting, but it is also kind of pointless to have stacks on a street car

so these are probably your best bet

6373-4T.jpg

http://www.cbperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=6373 

Those aren't bad. I was thinking something along these lines

FibgHxI.jpg

I have boxes full of the weber and dellorto type (literally 100s) if you think you could fab them and make a set work, you are more than welcome to try a set. However, unless shooting for looks, I'm betting they won't do much. Their primary purpose is to combat fuel stand-off from reversion. In other words, the fine mist of fuel dancing about the inlet of the carb. If you don't have much of that going on, then they are for looks, but, they do look cool.

Reading other forums apparently socks are the worst. I'm thinking about having a few different filter types for different uses. Those metal mesh ones for autocross. Is there anything that can be put over air horns for street use that doesn't take away all the power? My guess as to why the socks aren't that great is because you lose that air coming from the side because of the thick foam. Maybe those larger foam cover filters?