L20B and A15 Exploded Views and ZDDP Question

Kirden

Looking for the exploded views to make sure I get everything for the rebuilds. Anyone know if the FSMs have these? Wanting to replace all of the bolts as well so that's why I need the full view.

Also wondering how much zddp the oil these engines used in the 70s would've had. Found some oils with 1600ppm but want to make sure that is enough. I don't care about brand or synthetic vs conventional, just need to know how much zddp I should shoot for to be at the factory recommended level.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1200 (A12) and A15 are very similar. A15 has a drilled oil supply in the head to feed the rockers, A12 pushes the oil up to the rockers around one of the center head bolts which has been reduced in diameter for the oil flow.

Oil pump and distributor are located in different places on the block as well. They are generally in the same area (both are driven off the camshaft, just positioned for/aft in different places).