a-series performance valve springs??

PinoyDat210

i am in the middle of a build and im getting my cam ground and i want to avoid bounce and toss on my head due to longer lift periods and sustained higher rpm's, i have a ported head and i am also about to do a 3 angle valve job. I want to know where to find some valve springs for a good price. i wanted to do an a14t head by using gx double valve springs, but dont want to spend all the extra on seats and retainers, and the only ones i can find are on ebay. i saw stewart wilkings out of australia has a set for $97. any other option out there? i would love to use mid range rpm dual springs but even the gx oem pieces are pricy. does anywhere else make them?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also if valve springs are made on factor of height, and lbs per square inch iof capacity load, couldnt you technically use any spring from any vehicle or manufactuere that fit my application?? i heard somewher that someone used isky 1600 springs chopped down to fit on their a-series?

im thinking mid range power band between 2800-to 6800 max. on stock internals, tuned rpm collector/exhaust, tuned rpm intake/plenum on quad keihins, msd coil and box, elec. fuel pump and psi regulater.. they are already 3 angle valves? i thought this was a machine shop mod, what about 5 angle?

Maybe check on these? They say they work with stock retainers but not sure how much better than stock they would be.

http://www.camshaftshop.com/products.php?productid=41316

You could also contact Peter Zerkert and see if he has any GX springs available. He does have new GX cams according to his site so if you have an early A14, with the distributor by cyl 1, that would be a good option.

I bought my last A series springs from Dema Elgin, Elgin Cams, but his supplier was bought out and the new owner would only sell in1000 spring lots (hard to justify 1000 A series springs in one purchase).

Dema's suggestion was to use beehive single springs from a v10 Viper engine. I never pursued it but the idea sounded very interesting.

Elgin Cams has a very informative site: http://www.elgincams.com/index.html

• 2 weeks later...