Unclogging Jets Question?

camsta97

Hey guys, ive fucked up, royally fucked up, its my own stupid fault, but how would one go about removing, paint/debris from the jets on a nissan z24 carby'd motor? im a total newb at engine work so im guessing im going to have to remove that carby? how would one do that, and what are the chances of me fucking something up costing me alot of $$$?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich mans alternative, ultrasonic cleaner.

Ratsun alternative! Jets out, boil in hot water, blow out with compressed air, rinse with methalayted spirits.

What you dont allude to is how the paint got through the carburettor.

Based on keyboard analysis, you may have a bit of work to do!

Would this perhaps be just paint scrapings?  dust and debris? The brass inlet screen inside the banjo fitting where the gas line joins to the carb should have caught everything. It's just above the inlet needle valve to the float chamber. Just loosen the 12mm? bolt, remove and lift the banjo fitting up and off. Remove from the gas line and pop the screen out and rinse clean. Maybe crank the motor over and direct the fuel into a pail to flush the pump and lines. 

Where did the paint get it?

Then forget it. Debris from the air filter can't get into the jets. If you had the air filter on it's in the filter element. If no filter it's likely in the muffler by now. If the motor quit it's maybe stuck across a couple of spark plugs... just clean them.

Muffler, (spelling mistake)

So what happened exactly?

Was the air filter off?

What's it doing now? Does it run?

Id motor was idling and you havent driven it this debris may still be collected on the throttle plate ... so don't step on the gas.

You could remove the carb and vacuum the dust out of the intake manifold. Blow the dust out of the carb with compressed air. That should do it.

If you drove the car the dust would probably gone through the motor by now.

I dont mean to sound, completely retarded... but whats the muffles? and by accross a couple of spark plugs if i pulled them out, wire wheeled them and put them back that should resolve all the problems? correct?

Go easy with the wire wheel.

Best thing to clean plugs is a brass brush. If you dont have one of them, and the wire wheel isthe only alternative, go gently.

You dont want to damage the ceramic insulators or bend the central or lateral electrode.

Also, make sure you pull only one plug lead off at a time (makes it far easier to not screw up the firing order)