Starting a new and older non-Datsun project. Pretty excited!

So my buddy from work has been working out a deal on a new project for a while. I've been trying to help him track down a 40's Chevy/Ford/etc for a rat rod build using a GM 5.3 (LM7) and after about a year with little to NO luck, he got a call the other day when we were dealing with out resto shop account (the asshole that painted my grill pink) and it turns out a friend of a friend is getting rid of some stuff at his grandmothers house (from what I was understanding) since she is moving into a suitable home.

Turns out they were loading up a 1932 Franklin Twelve to go to scrap. Offered him $200 and a few days later, BAM it's sold and saved! I'm pretty fucking stoked. The car is supposed to be 100% complete minus the engine and trans that were pulled to go in the guys other Franklin he was restoring. So it's getting a cammed 5.3L and built 4L60E with lots of go fast goodies 

For the record, this is the car:

408512488.jpg

Going to go see it and photograph it in a few days when he goes to pick it up. Can't wait to wrench on this old fucking thing  :w00t:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$200? I hate you... Why the hell can't stuff drop in my lap like this? 

So what are the plans? Still going to go with the rat rod build? If the car is in decent shape it might be nice to leave it somewhat stock on the exterior, but then again rat rods are always nice :P

That baby is lonnng. Gonna keep the phallatic compensator length?? Def gonna watch the build thread!!

-Robert

$200? I hate you... Why the hell can't stuff drop in my lap like this? 

So what are the plans? Still going to go with the rat rod build? If the car is in decent shape it might be nice to leave it somewhat stock on the exterior, but then again rat rods are always nice :P

I hadn't really talked to him about it yet as far as plans extending past the drivetrain swap, since we haven't even seen the car other then pictures. 

But we'll just call it a full on rat rod, no paint required  :thumbup: