Twin SU Carbs on a L20B, Need help

Northport Datsun

I'm trying to assemble my L20B in a 620 Pick Up with a set of twin SU carbs. It's my take on the SSS theme from JDM. Has anyone done this? Does the twin SU Intake Manifold from the A series engine Roadsters fit the L20B head? Does anyone have an intake manifold available? I used Paltech carbs on my 240Z and I am very happy with the performance and reliability of those, so I'm probably going in that direction again. Carbs I can get, but the manifold seems to be harder to come by. Any help is appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the twin SU Intake Manifold from the A series engine Roadsters fit the L20B head? Does anyone have an intake manifold available? 

No........there are some intakes available in the classifieds

220 and K14....the latter is the better of the two

I am with sealik on the K14.  People think it is a "smog" intake but in reality the adjuster screw in between the runners help set the idle and better sync the carbs together.  I can drop my idle all the way down to 500rpm and have it run smooooooth.  Plus as noted above the K14 has larger ports.  

Look on ebay if you want them now, may pay more but if you want them they are on there.  I found my on CL for a great price complete, but waited a while.  They are out there though but not as readable available as the carbs.