New guy from AZ intro, 1986 720 4x4. Few questions...

diponyou

Hey guys

Picked this little guy up from Toon on here

1450225_10200796885553735_1102863952_n_z

1472020_10200796885793741_331906398_n_zp

I honestly have been looking for an older nissan/datsun pickup for awhile now so I am pretty stoked about him, it is safe to say I love this truck already :thumbup:

The truck runs great over all. It had some major vacuum leaks when I first got but that was easily fixed by eliminating all the vac lines.

While the truck runs awesome it still has the typical issues of idling a bit high and stalling when pressing clutch on occasion.

So I just ordered a weber 32/36 for it :thumbup:

Been daily driving it for the past few days and decided to take him out for some light mudding and it did pretty good, the only issue was the all terrain tires haha

1463147_10200807533979939_1310812913_n_z

got stuck in some really crappy mud but with a little work we got out

1425782_10200806647397775_261999748_n_zp

577550_10200807534179944_629708623_n_zps

I will probably post a separate thread about this but I am looking to get some new wheels with the stock style dimensions, the current ones stick out too far for my liking. I love the look of how they came from the factory and want to go back to that, I wouldnt mind lowering it about and inch all around as well but I can figure that stuff out. Nobody local has anything for sale so I am hoping to get some ideas from you fellas. 

Anyways just thought I would post up on here and introduce myself, have a good one  :hug:

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a sweet lookin truck. Very good condition body and interior too. I absolutely HATE how many vaccume lines come with some of those z24s, leaks waiting to happen.

I don't know if I personally would do a whole lot to it right off hand besides maybe fix that sagging mud-guard in the driver's side fender. If you are wanting to lower it by as little as an inch, the torsion bars up front shold adjust within that range, but then you would have some more forward rake as the rear end would still be the same height.  

BUUUT, going lower isn't really my thing :P

Nice custom paint job in the last few pics though

That is a sweet lookin truck. Very good condition body and interior too. I absolutely HATE how many vaccume lines come with some of those z24s, leaks waiting to happen.

I don't know if I personally would do a whole lot to it right off hand besides maybe fix that sagging mud-guard in the driver's side fender. If you are wanting to lower it by as little as an inch, the torsion bars up front shold adjust within that range, but then you would have some more forward rake as the rear end would still be the same height.  

BUUUT, going lower isn't really my thing :P

Nice custom paint job in the last few pics though

Haha that happened when I got stuck, I already fixed it

and I can live with the height if I could find some original wheels and some skinnier mud tires

Very Nice truck!! Welcome to the Forum!

I wouldn't try to lower the truck with those tires on it as they can rub up front... Personally I wouldn't lower it at all, just my opinion, same as the wheels and tires, I'd keep them because it has such a cool stance as is, maybe get some good mud tires the same size as the A/T's you already got on it and it would look better and do better in the mud. The wider stance is also helpful against rollovers so that's another thing to consider before going narrower on the 4x4... just my opinion again...

Anyway... That's a Very Nice truck

well here is what happened today

got some taco wheels with some bfg muds

the tires have a little life left and they were the wheels I was looking for and got them for $100. Cant really beat that. 

Once I buy new tires I will probably get a size thinner. I am definitely digging it though. 

1464651_10200843926329725_2043252807_n_z