New project!! B210 what to do?

NickJames720

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing you can do is post pics imo. the datsun 1200 site has a lot of information for general build up on the A-series engines, but be realistic with your goals. Without a huge investment, 80-90whp is pretty easily attainable from the A14 with a better carb, better exhaust (possibly headers) and mild head work. According to most of the guys over at the 1200 site you will get the most bang for your buck in head work.

If you get a chance, take off your rocker cover and take pictures of the numbers stamped on the head, this will give us more information as to what kind of flow you might be able to achieve.

Is this going to be a budget build? If not there are setups making 160-180hp with forced induction, but for the price you will pay to get that setup you could easily get a CA18DET or KA24 and have the same or more HP and, more importantly for a daily, a lot more torque.

Personally, I love my A15. I don't plan on breaking any records or racing, but the sound of a well built A-series with dual DCOEs/quad bike carbs and a good exhaust revving to 7500 rpms is wonderful. That is my goal, so the best way for us to help you is for you to tell us what you want. Power? Drivability? Reliability?

And remember, pics or ban :)

• Like 1

...so the best way for us to help you is for you to tell us what you want. Power? Drivability? Reliability?

And remember, pics or ban :)

Yeah, what he said. And until you provide more detail, I'm going to assume this guy is your brother.

Sounds like you have a fun project ahead of you!

Rick_James_-_Fire_It_Up_album_cover.jpg