Interior light

MarkB.

OK Gang,

I've located a replacement interior light;  clear, Hella, hecho en Mexico.  I wired it in and amazingly, the door switches seem to be working OK.  So what's the problem?  What size and kind of screws do I mount the light with? 

Before you ask, the car didn't have a light when I got it.  My spare has no interior of any kind.  I've never seen another 510, running or not, other than my own. 

Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah!

I left out on piece of the story and realized it when I woke up this morning.  When I bought the car 13 years ago, I also received a 1-gallon ZipLock bag with "extra" bolts, screws, nuts, washers and other fasteners.  Over the years, the contents of this bag have ending up attaching everything from the transmission to the dashboard.  Although the car is now mostly complete, I still have a number of fittings left.  I was guessing sheet metal screws of some kind, but the ones I have remaining look too long and too thick, hence my question. 

I guess any old sheet metal screws will do.  Off to the hardware store . . . . 

I found this old picture below.  The light on the right is original with correct screws (assuming your replacement light has the same bolt pattern).  The light on the left is 1988 Sentra part I got from the junkyard.  I sed it with some wiring modifications.  Original light has 2 wires - the Sentra light required that one of the 3 wires be run to ground.

Also, the original part is still available from Nissan for about $30.

DSC03195.jpg

• Like 1