Upholstery Vendors - 510 Seats

Rocketmann88

Does anyone know where I can purchase an Upholstery Kit for my Datsun 510? I want to refresh my front and back seats. I found a compnay called "Upgrade Motoring" in SoCal, but I don't know anyboy who has puchase a kit from them. They charge $357 for the front or back sets. I planning on either doing the job myself or using an upholestery shop???

Here is the web link to thier site:

http://www.upgrademotoring.com/seats_interior/seat_kits.htm

Thanks for the input...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised they don't have a very good selection of material.  The cost really isn't that bad for the demand they probably get.  I'd request some pictures, or to see their work in person. 

The material would cost me about $200.  So figure out what labor is worth, and there's your price.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the company that made them for DatsunRestore... i would get pics... i have a set of the DatsunRestore ones and and they in no way match the stock upholstery... they are a good solid, but low quality looking seat kit.  if you want a quick fix yes, if you want cool or close to stock, no.

get pics.

I should add, any good upholstery shop should be able to build them off your old seat patterns in just about any material (depending on their supplier).  For that kind of money, or a little more.

I did these for my Mini..... I was in a hury, but this is to show that your Trimmer should have access to more material options than what that company has, and they should be able to do whatever pattern you want.

DSCN6763.jpg

DSCN6776.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...