Door swings wide open - Need door limiter assembly

Datsun Dude

Hi guys,

In the RL411, the driver's side door is missing the door stop, so it swings wide open and has already caused damage to both the door and the fender. It also easily swings open to hit other cars - not good.

Before it gets worse, I want to install a door stop like the other three doors have.

1. Do door limiters from a roadster work? These seem to be more freely available.
  2. How do you install these, from inside the door or inside the fender?
  3. Do I need any other parts?

Here's one I found on eBay from a roadster:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Roadster-Fairlady-Door-Stop-Rubber-/121134673106

Looks like it would work...but looks can be deceiving!  :)

Thanks for any advice!

$T2eC16dHJHgFFlrgUsk0BRzNhvY7,g~~60_57.J

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you could probably find a few different cars at the junkyard that wold have something that would work. If somebody says that will work then get that. If not. just take 2 or 3 fingers to measure the length you need and see how long your car needs it to be, its a crude measuring device but its not difficult to check 30 or 40 cars at the junkyard,open with the left hand check with the right, door panel tools in a cheapie back pack and get it home to keep those doors good.

well that ebay listing is just for the rubber. so if you are missing the actual arm it goes on that wont help, i will see if i have any i can spare if i can get over to where my doors are stored. in the mean time, dont open the door so far....

Thanks for pointing that out erichwaslike. Yep, I need the arm. It would be awesome if you had an extra lying around. I'll be careful in the mean time.

Cheers!