I got a myself Fairlady Z, take two lol

kuro_Yosh

Not sure if any of you guys remember me. :confused:

I bought a white 73' 240z that was in need of a LOT of work & posted it on here. I still have it, but it's not going to be drive-able for quite a while lol.

(Skip if you just want pics)

I bit the bullet & parted out what I could on it for now just to make what I spent on it back, like a few of you guys recommended. A few months later I was looking for some sections for the car's frame. I called another Z guy around me, whom I've known for a while & bought a few things from in the past & helped him when he needed it, to see if he could point me in the right direction. We went back & forth for a bit & then he tells me, "Well.. I don't know if you'd be able to, but I actually have another 240Z that I picked up recently. It needs a few things but everything's there. It's been sitting at my work's parking lot because I have no room to store it at home & it runs kind of rough. I wouldn't mind if you took it off my hands. If you're interested; I do have to tell you that there's one other guy that's already came and looked at it & he seems pretty interested. I'll keep you posted on what happens with him before I confirm anything with you, but you are second in line"

Feeling a bit bummed because I could tell the other buyer wanted it(he drove 4 hours just to come see it), I asked him how much he wanted , & it was a lot. I told him to keep me posted anyways & let me know if it sells or not

About a week later, the Z guy called me back. Turns out he lost the title & had to file for a new one. The other buyer that was ahead of me didn't feel like waiting for the new one to come in so he backed out. This was awesome, but it also sucked because I was BROKE at the time & I wasn't anywhere close to what he was originally asking. I asked him how much he'd take for it again anyways, & he tells me, "Well, since you've been pretty good to me all this time & I know how much you love these cars.. I'll give it to you for $1200."

Needless to say, I'm very lucky & thankful I'm on super good terms with the guy because that same Z is now mine haha

She's a 73' with 68,000 miles.

-4 Speed & pretty much all original

-Interior is in awesome shape

-I've heard it run!(I think the "runs rough" problem was just bad gas. I drained the gas tank today & the gasoline was brown & smelled like varnish. No sediment though)

-Needs a slave cylinder

-Not as much rust as I expected, which surprises me because this car has been in PA since the early 80's

-Paint needs attended to(clear coat, & a few surface rust spots), but it's there & actually looks good in the sun...from 10 feet away lol

-Didn't come with the carbs the guy used to show me it ran when I first looked at it.

-The left frame rail needs "attended to" but I'm already in the process of taking care of that

-The same guy I got it from spray painted the engine bay black.. & the valve color a weird red-ish pink color that has a blue tint to it -__-

- Fucking. Rat's. Nest. This car had two of them. Removing them has caused me to develop a, "kill on sight" kind of hatred for those little fucking assholes

Pics:

ccjd.jpg

t0cj.jpg

4uwe.jpg

You can see what I'm on about in the clear coat in the picture
no0l.jpg

5so1.jpg

zinw.jpg

s46p.jpg

& sorry for this last hipstergram pic haha, just thought it was cool
qwt4.jpg

My plans for it right now are just to get it moving, which should be happening tomorrow actually because I'm picking up a set of carbs & I just bought the slave cylinder.

Future plans are there, but won't happen till winter time when I store it away & can really tear down into the car

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic