s30 stereo setups! post what you have and/or had!

looking to get a new head unit for my 74.5 260z, but cant find any sort of bezel for the receiver to fit into the stock location, any links? 

id love to see some setups that people have done with their s30's, i know about putting 6x9's in the tray behind the seats, but im leaning more towards custom boxes in front of the strut tower and a single fiberglass box behind the passenger side strut tower for a sub. 

either way, lemme see what YOU have done! :thumbup: 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used a custom box from Motorsport auto. It mounts in the back and allows two 6x9 speakers. Has a bass port too. 

Here is a link and a picture.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/SP

group505351x.jpg

group505351x.jpg

Nice that is is removable with only two screws. I installed it with wiring connectors and longer speaker wires.

I modified the face of the dash plate for a single din head unit. 

No pics as I sold the car but it was fairly easy. 

Best Buy stores used to have a fairly complete car stereo department [it might have been subcontracted] and they sold "universal" installation kits. These allowed older configuration or DIN units to be installed in factory dash cutouts. Not really universal since they specified the car models they were designed for. The "universal" came from the multiple front panel inserts, spacers and their textures that allowed the buyer to get a damned close face plate pattern to the stock manufacturers internal panel textures. I bought one for my 240SX and gave the leftovers to guys at work who were tired of gaps around their home built adaptations. Just might be available from chain parts or catalog sources. Good luck, mine came out just fine.