DC2 Coilovers

rywats

About to bite the bullet and order these, tired of bouncing around.  Does anyone have any information for me that has done this?  Which brand did you use? Spring rate? Top hat modifications that you did?

What kind of length do you cut your stock strut assembly prior to welding.

Any information or a shove in the right direction would be great, thank you.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your going to buy brand new coilovers i would just go with the Megan Racing kit from Mckinney Motorsports. 

Take a look at my build thread i have lots of pics of the install. Its on the first page. You can go as low as possible with these, my frame is an inch off the floor. 

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/52569-first-time-z-owner-joey-js-77-280z-build-thread-picture-heavy/

Get whatever coils you want and just have a machine shop make your strut tubes. I used stance S13 Coils witch Zccjdm camber plates. Cut my struts completely off and welded the new tubes on. The front strut tubes are the ones that came with the coils but since the rears were alum i had those made and I think theyre 7 inches long. Pretty cheap and easy to put together.

You can use whatever you want as long as theyre short

I have DC2 coilovers and there not too bad, I would highly recommend BUY BRAND NEW Coils of your going to for DC2 though.

Get whatever coils you want and just have a machine shop make your strut tubes. I used stance S13 Coils witch Zccjdm camber plates. Cut my struts completely off and welded the new tubes on. The front strut tubes are the ones that came with the coils but since the rears were alum i had those made and I think theyre 7 inches long. Pretty cheap and easy to put together.

You can use whatever you want as long as theyre short

how low can the stance coilovers go bubbi? Looking into 326 Power struts or PBM struts from an S13 but I want to keep the ride height in at right now because its not too low and not too high.

I have DC2 coilovers and there not too bad, I would highly recommend BUY BRAND NEW Coils of your going to for DC2 though. how low can the stance coilovers go bubbi? Looking into 326 Power struts or PBM struts from an S13 but I want to keep the ride height in at right now because its not too low and not too high.

This is my car maxed out all around I think. I really want to get shorter springs in the front but I have great adjustability all around.

IMG_20130105_143719_zps5247e629.jpg

I went with stance because I got them new for $1k. My dream set up would be PBM though, I just don't know how much shorter they are than Stance. You would have good adjustability with PBM I think if you make the strut tubes a little long. My strut tubes in front are 4 inches, which are the stance tubes, and my rears are 7 inches, I had those made. I have a lot of room left on the coil up front between the tube and the spring. In the rear I have about an inch when I'm maxed out.  

• Like 1

This is my car maxed out all around I think. I really want to get shorter springs in the front but I have great adjustability all around.

IMG_20130105_143719_zps5247e629.jpg

I went with stance because I got them new for $1k. My dream set up would be PBM though, I just don't know how much shorter they are than Stance. You would have good adjustability with PBM I think if you make the strut tubes a little long. My strut tubes in front are 4 inches, which are the stance tubes, and my rears are 7 inches, I had those made. I have a lot of room left on the coil up front between the tube and the spring. In the rear I have about an inch when I'm maxed out.

yeah that's around where I want it to be and just got done messaging PBM about there dampeners since I already have springs and camber plates. They let me know that they now make Weld on lower mounts for their coilovers. Im also talking to 326 power about the same but language barrier is making things difficult