Daily Driven Parts Car.

I'm haveing trouble what OEM wheels should I rock on my goon any Ideas?

And I was thinking of buying this Steering wheel dowm the road what do you guys think and does it fit my 510?

null_zpsa09884cd.png

What does this Broken wire go to is it for the door buzzer??

null_zps61e5ab58.jpg

I need a Muffler but I don't know what kinda looks good on my goon?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm haveing trouble what OEM wheels should I rock on my goon any Ideas?

And I was thinking of buying this Steering wheel dowm the road what do you guys think and does it fit my 510?

null_zpsa09884cd.png

What does this Broken wire go to is it for the door buzzer??

null_zps61e5ab58.jpg

I need a Muffler but I don't know what kinda looks good on my goon?

That 240Z steering wheel is a bolt on but the turn signal activators are in a different position so the auto cancel feature of the turn signal will not work. 

Find a muffler that sounds good and gives good flow for your engine. 

Wire on the key sw if for the buzzer to let you know the key is still in the ignition when the car is turned off.

Wheels? lots of good looking wheels out there. You need to use the search feature and see what you like.

The VG30ET from the 1986 300ZX will fit but you will need to make a custom turbo mount / exhaust manifold and lots of other work. It has been done before.

That 240Z steering wheel is a bolt on but the turn signal activators are in a different position so the auto cancel feature of the turn signal will not work.

Ok thanks

Find a muffler that sounds good and gives good flow for your engine.

I would love to find a stock looking one

Wire on the key sw if for the buzzer to let you know the key is still in the ignition when the car is turned off.

Okay can I fix it?

Wheels? lots of good looking wheels out there. You need to use the search feature and see what you like.

Okay I will do that

The VG30ET from the 1986 300ZX will fit but you will need to make a custom turbo mount / exhaust manifold and lots of other work. It has been done before.

In your opinion do you think is worth it??

Did you buy that wagon from Chris up in Maine?

Is what worth it? The VG30 turbo swap?  an SR20DET turbo will be an easier swap. Lots of info on turbo and non turbo swaps on the web. You need to figure out what is best for you.

I am building a VG33 510 but non turbo. I like torque so the V6 was my choice. Maybe not for you.

Did you buy that wagon from Chris up in Maine?

Is what worth it? The VG30 turbo swap? an SR20DET turbo will be an easier swap. Lots of info on turbo and non turbo swaps on the web. You need to figure out what is best for you.

I am building a VG33 510 but non turbo. I like torque so the V6 was my choice. Maybe not for you.

I think my buddy got it off him because the car came from Maine then I got it from him. did he have a 2 door too he sold if he did that's the guy

Yeah if the VG30 turbo swap is worth it.

I just want my goon to move I like torque and power

A KA24DE swap would be even easier and provide good torque. I doubt you need a turbo to make the wagon move out. The KA and the VG are both good engines. Both would be close in power and torque (the VG having maybe 10-15% more torque in N/A stock form.

You need to do your research. Lots of good swap info on this forum. Probably more KA swaps then VG swaps into the 510 too.

Chris had a 4 door he sold and a red wagon. May be the same one. 

A KA24DE swap would be even easier and provide good torque. I doubt you need a turbo to make the wagon move out. The KA and the VG are both good engines. Both would be close in power and torque (the VG having maybe 10-15% more torque in N/A stock form.

You need to do your research. Lots of good swap info on this forum. Probably more KA swaps then VG swaps into the 510 too.

Chris had a 4 door he sold and a red wagon. May be the same one.

I want to spank a Couple of civics around here cuz they r talking mah shit about my goon haters!!

Did he have it in a Barn?

Don't we all. Better count the cost before trying to embark on such a journey as installing that engine into a 510 chassis.. if you're not committed and skilled, or at least have a large chunk of cash to pay someone to do it(correctly) for you, you may be selling your project before it reaches completion. Trust me, you wouldn't be the first..

Don't we all. Better count the cost before trying to embark on such a journey as installing that engine into a 510 chassis.. if you're not committed and skilled, or at least have a large chunk of cash to pay someone to do it(correctly) for you, you may be selling your project before it reaches completion. Trust me, you wouldn't be the first..

Do you think it's going to be hard to do that swap I do swaps In Hondas and thier not that hard.

Do you think it's going to be hard to do that swap I do swaps In Hondas and thier not that hard.

Hondas are much, much different cars than 40 year old datsuns.

A few questions you need to ask yourself before you dive into anything but an L-series or KA swap:

Do you have thousands of dollars to spend on the swap? Plan on spending twice what you planned on spending in the beginning.

Do you have a good welder, and excellent fabrication skills/or a shop that can fabricate a way to mount the engine?

Good with wiring diagrams? Understand the basic concepts of how electrical systems work?

Do you enjoy cars that handle like a toddler that just learned to walk?

If you answered no to any of these questions, you may just want to stick with the L series.

Hondas are much, much different cars than 40 year old datsuns.

A few questions you need to ask yourself before you dive into anything but an L-series or KA swap:

Do you have thousands of dollars to spend on the swap? Plan on spending twice what you planned on spending in the beginning.

Do you have a good welder, and excellent fabrication skills/or a shop that can fabricate a way to mount the engine?

Good with wiring diagrams? Understand the basic concepts of how electrical systems work?

Do you enjoy cars that handle like a toddler that just learned to walk?

If you answered no to any of these questions, you may just want to stick with the L series.

I know a few things about everything you listed Except Welding and fabricating parts.

And know don't what my car running like crap

I think this was Chris' wagon. I almost bought it last year but decided against it (was finishing up college). If he has a 4dr, I want it! Glad to see someone bought the car and will be putting some time into it. We need more Datsuns on this coast!

I think this was Chris' wagon. I almost bought it last year but decided against it (was finishing up college). If he has a 4dr, I want it! Glad to see someone bought the car and will be putting some time into it. We need more Datsuns on this coast!

Yeah we do. Thing is their not really a big hit up here.

Did it have a hole on the driver side floor

Turbo can be done.  My VG30 is out of an 86 300 ZX, but I rear mounted the turbo since I wanted to keep A/C.  Several others have been done with the turbo under the hood.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/14184-1972-510-green-wagon/page-3

If you do a turbo you will need custom exhaust manifolds.  If you have the skills to weld up the manifold then you can do it with the stock parts for reasonable money since the 300 ZX turbo parts are plentiful.  The stock manifolds on the 300ZX will not work unless you cut the firewall on the 510 to make room for the x-over pipe.  I would shy away from any extensive body mods since I have seen several project stall with cut up firewalls.  Easy to cut, not so easy to fix.

• Like 1

Turbo can be done. My VG30 is out of an 86 300 ZX, but I rear mounted the turbo since I wanted to keep A/C. Several others have been done with the turbo under the hood.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/14184-1972-510-green-wagon/page-3

If you do a turbo you will need custom exhaust manifolds. If you have the skills to weld up the manifold then you can do it with the stock parts for reasonable money since the 300 ZX turbo parts are plentiful. The stock manifolds on the 300ZX will not work unless you cut the firewall on the 510 to make room for the x-over pipe. I would shy away from any extensive body mods since I have seen several project stall with cut up firewalls. Easy to cut, not so easy to fix.

Damn your goon is nasty bro that's how I would like to have my how much did you spend doing that?

Thanks for the complement,  spent more that I should and not enough at the same time. 

You likely have a gas cap from a 69 or earlier since they changed the tank in the wagon in mid 69.  I did the same thing once and had to return the cap.