Paint and body shop for 720 in Los Angeles?

Tinman

Hey guys,

OK, so I have my 720 for an eternity and it needs some body work and new paint. 

Problem is that the white paint from 85 started peeling off in places and probably needs to be stripped to the metal to do the job right.

Second problem is that I have been to several shops and have been insulted more than once that my truck is too old, and I should just buy a new toyota.

Yes, I WAS told that.  What a tool!

Seriously???  I bring work and am willing to pay good money for a proper job and they don't want it???

So....  anyone know of a shop in LA that doesn't laugh at you for wanting to restore an old truck and would do the job right?

It seems that unless you roll in with something EASY, EXPENSIVE, or... AMERICAN CLASSIC, they don't want to deal with you.

One guy looked at some rust (surface rust which I now took care of) and said "we don't do restorations".  

I am really fed up with the mentality around LA.  If I drive up in a Bently they'll shit all over themselves to get the job, but piss off with a 28yo Nissan.

So where do you guys go to get GOOD paint on your rides?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic