SAC 1973 2dr KA

nb6179505

Guys this is probably my first post ever, other than the random PM's looking for parts! Got a '73 2dr from Napa, I'm here in Sac CA about a month ago. Bought it from a guy selling his toy to fund a wedding. Came with a KA24E, some home made ground effects kit and spray painted libres that I never really liked!

Anyways I thought it was a great pickup. My first project car, originally wanted a 510 along with a 1st gen celica and bmw2002. 510 it was, I lurked around and found the car that I would call mine. Looking to learn and struggle with this machine as I get a bit older. Have a lot of plans for it, so stay tuned to see what comes of it. Funny thing, never really drove a stick shift until I got this car.

Found Skib on CL, before this forum, and since then, one and a half weeks, we tinkered with some things. Custom front coil overs, cut springs, installed a handbrake and got the KA wired and running. Its all there, but hope to slowly have it pristine as a driver for weekends and fun runs.

Pics below:

20130713_204147_zps90fdd44c.jpg

20130713_204159_zps0374cd70.jpg

20130713_204209_zps22772bff.jpg

20130713_204221_zpsec58ca54.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plans to re-do all cosmetics, find all the trim, grille, etc. Bluebird fender mirrors. Carpet kit. re-do the dash, upholster some black with baja stripe accents, flat army green paint, or glossy brown, or olive green. Getting a front air dam and some nice audio through. 

You'll get to know me through this car I can tell you that much! Its a journey, so I'll be asking for some input guys.

I think I met you the other day for a gauge cluster.  Sick car- hope to see it in person soon! 

If you need any help with the car let me know- I'm just getting back in the scene, but I still remember a few things about these cars!

I think I met you the other day for a gauge cluster.  Sick car- hope to see it in person soon! 

If you need any help with the car let me know- I'm just getting back in the scene, but I still remember a few things about these cars!

Yeah man of course I'll swing it by soon!